composite strengthening systems
advantages of composite strengthening
Composite Strengthening systems utilizing carbon fiber or structural E-glass offer superior advantages over traditional methods such as:
- Low Profile - means it is less likely to interfere with other finishes or building components.
- Light Weight - Carbon Fiber Strengthening Systems are extremely lightweight. When a structure already requires additional strengthening, the last thing you want to do is increase the dead load.
- Flexibility - Composites can conform to existing surfaces. Being used in tight spaces, unique angles and varied locations to offer greater flexibility and eliminate unnecessary changes to a structure.
- Economical - Often times CFRP and GFRP Systems can offer many cost effective advantages requiring fewer changes to infrastructure and a more simplified installation procedure.
- Lightweight and economical solutions for increasing flexural, axial and shear strength in existing concrete structures and components.